How Long Do Boilers Last in Northern Indiana?
If you’re looking for a reliable heating system for your Northern Indiana home, a boiler is an excellent choice. Boilers are dependable, long-lasting, and provide comfortable heat throughout your home.
Whether you’re looking to replace your current boiler or considering purchasing one for the first time, this blog can help you determine if it’s the right heating system for your home and how long you can expect it to last.
How Do Boilers Work?
Boilers are most commonly fueled by natural gas or oil, but some models are powered by electricity or even coal. These systems work by heating up water and sending it through a system of radiators, where it’s used to heat your home.
Boilers are incredibly beneficial as heating systems because they’re efficient and cost-effective. They also run more quietly than furnaces, provide more consistent and comfortable heat, and don’t negatively impact your home’s air quality like forced air systems.
The Average Life Span of Boilers
Although a boiler’s life span will depend on various factors, including use, most boilers will last about 15 years. The best way to maximize your system’s life span is to schedule annual heating maintenance each fall.
Benefits of Boiler Maintenance
In addition to extending the life span of your boiler, an annual heating inspection and tune-up will:
- Ensure your boiler is running optimally for the winter ahead
- Maximize the system’s efficiency for lower heating costs
- Address small issues before they become expensive problems
Signs It’s Time To Replace Your Boiler
When it comes to your home’s heating system, it’s always best to replace it before it fails completely. Otherwise, you risk being without heat for an extended period while you schedule installation. Below are signs it’s time to consider a boiler replacement:
- The system is more than 15 years old: Most boilers last 15 to 25 years, but they lose efficiency and effectiveness as they age.
- Corrosion: If your system shows any signs of corrosion, it’s best to replace it.
- Frequent repairs: If your boiler needs frequent or expensive repairs, your money is usually better invested in a new system.
- Reduced efficiency: Over time, your boiler will work less efficiently and cost more to operate. If your heating bills continue to rise, a new system may be necessary.
- Unusual noises: Boilers that are making new or concerning noises like banging or clanging are usually nearing the end of their service life.
- Leaks: If your boiler leaks, it could indicate a serious breakdown or malfunction that’s best addressed by installing a new system.
Schedule Boiler Replacement Services With Korte Does It All Today
Since 1965, Korte Does It All has provided unmatched heating services in Fort Wayne, IN, including boiler replacement and installation. We offer free estimates on replacements, service all brands, and are available for 24/7 emergency service. Our highly trained technicians are licensed and insured and always provide upfront pricing. We also provide seasonal coupons and special offers you can take advantage of.
Fill out the form below, and we’ll contact you soon to schedule your home service appointment.