Korte Does It All, Inc. is a professional electrical services company that specializes in residential and commercial electrical services. This includes fuse and breaker repair. Fort Wayne, IN homeowners, can always trust us with their fuse replacement and breaker repair services. Our technicians have the tools and experience to get the job done safely and efficiently.
If your breaker panel has recently sustained water damage get fast service from our team. Give us a call for 24/7 support!
What Is the Difference Between a Fuse and a Breaker?
Both fuses and breakers provide the same service. They are both designed to control the flow of electricity through your home. If an outlet or appliance gets overloaded, the fuse or breaker will blow or trip to protect the wiring and prevent electrocution. The only difference is how each unit goes about completing this. Here are the main differences between the two:
- Fuses: These are typically located in older homes. Fuses can only be blown once before they need to be replaced. A fuse contains a strip of metal that safely melts during an overload so that the circuit is disrupted.
- Breakers: Modern homes favor breakers because they can be tripped multiple times, unlike fuses. When an outlet becomes overloaded, a spring-loaded breaker will trip in order to disrupt the flow and protect the appliance.
Common Breaker and Fuse Problems
Some of the most common breaker and fuse repair problems we see include:
- Corroded wiring
- Inadequate wiring
- Physical repairs to the panel box such as replacing the door to the box
Other potential hazards could cause your breakers or fuses to sizzle or smell like something is burning. If you experience any of these issues, call a professional right away and stay far away from the panel box.
Did you know that worn-out wires can cause fires? Schedule your next electrical wiring repair with one of our reliable electricians today!
Benefits of Choosing Korte Does It All, Inc.
Our customers enjoy quality service and honest advice when they call us. They also enjoy the following unique value-adding features and benefits:
- 24-Hour Emergency Service: Our team is on call 24/7 to protect your home and business in case of an emergency.
- All Calls Answered by a Real Person: We don’t work with complicated answering machines. All our calls are answered by real people who are ready to help.
- One Call Does it All: Since we specialize in many residential and commercial services, our customers can get everything they need with one call.
- A+ Better Business Bureau Rating: The BBB gave us an A+ rating because of our commitment to quality customer service.
- HomeAdvisor Top Rated Professional: Online businesses such as HomeAdvisor recognize our hard work with more favorable reviews. This gives customers more confidence when they choose us.